Iced Mint Tea with Vanilla Cold Foam and Cocoa Powder
Recipe & Images by Noreen Wasti
As summer begins to wind down, we are holding tight onto our iced teas. This recipe uses the Mint Mahal chai blend to create a delicious dessert-like beverage. The tea is steeped and then poured over ice with a layer of sweetened vanilla cold foam and a generous dusting of cocoa powder to finish. Sipping on this layered tea reminds us of mint chocolate chip ice cream or biting into an After Eight thin mint. Yum!
For the tea:
- 6 tsp One Stripe Chai Co. Mint Mahal tea
- 2 cups water
- Boil the water to 195F.
- Add the water and Mint Mahal tea to a teapot or vessel of your choice. Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain and let cool.
For the simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Bring the sugar and water to a simmer over medium heat.
- Let simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside to cool.
For the cold foam:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a glass or bowl, combine the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Use a frother to whisk the cream until foamy and slightly thickened.
- cocoa powder, to finish
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Pour the tea over plenty of ice in a tall glass until 3/4 of the way full.
- Sweeten to your liking with the simple syrup and stir.
- Pour the cold foam over the tea.
- Finish with a generous dusting of cocoa powder on top of the foam and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Enjoy immediately!