Ginger Chai Pot de Creme for 1
This delicious Ginger Chai Pot De Creme recipe is perfect when you need a cozy treat! This recipe is a slightly adapted version from Milk and Cardamom’s self-titled cookbook which can be found here. We are HUGE fans of Hetal and all her awesome twists on Indian dessert classics! She used our Unsweetened Chai Concentrate for this adapted version, so we HAD to give it a chai!
Serving size: 1
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp One Stripe Chai Unsweetened Chai Concentrate
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, minced finely
- 33g chocolate, finely chopped (we used 70% dark chocolate wafers)
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- Add heavy cream, chai concentrate, ginger, salt and chocolate to a small sauce pan over medium low heat. Whisk until all the chocolate has melted. Then bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk and sugar until pale and the mixture ribbons off the whisk. Add half the heavy cream mixture and whisk well. Add the rest of the heavy cream and whisk well until incorporated.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a cup with a spout and pour the mixture into a ramekin. Place the ramekin in a baking pan and cover the baking pan with foil. Place in a 300F oven. Lift a corner of the foil up and pour water into baking pan so that it is half way up the sides of the ramekin. Close the foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center of the pot de creme jiggles slightly.
- Cool for 15 minutes and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or chopped candied ginger, chocolate shavings or caramel! We topped ours with a sprinkle of powdered cardamom